Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What Every Woman Wants

It is turned out to be quite the beautiful spring day in FL today! I hope you're getting some of this beautiful weather too. But as beautiful as it is outside doesn't mean I'm feeling up to that level today! I have been pretty frustrated lately. With myself in general I guess. I have been on & off trying to lose some weight in the past couple of months. I do really good for a few days & then I completely bomb. Anyone else have this problem? (If you say no you're lying!) Every woman wants to lose weight or in some way change their body. Its like a sickness. Especially among women. I've wrote about body image before in this post. Most women hate on their body's every single day.
I read this post today on The Huffington Post. Its about a video of a spoken word poem of a girls day to day thoughts about her body. "She reminds us that practicing body positivity is a daily process, and having occasional (or daily) doubts about our self-image does not mean we have failed ourselves -- or each other -- in the ongoing crusade for body acceptance."
 I am the worst about getting down on myself because I "messed up my diet" for that day. So then begins the cycle. I ate something bad one day so I say oh well and continue to eat bad. Then a few days later I'll try to start again. I am SO SICK of this cycle. I don't want to be on a "diet". I just want to make better choices. Have a healthier lifestyle. Eat healthy & work out. This is my goal. Not to yoyo diet. But just to be healthy.
I am not trying to get a "thigh gap" screw you society and your thigh gap! (Now that we have cleared the air on my thoughts on that issue.) I don't want to super skinny or whatever. I just want to be the best version of myself. I don't want to be a nazi about my food either though. I don't want to feel guilty when I have a cupcake. Its all about finding a balance.
My friend Hannah and I have been really trying to motivate each other. We tell each other when we didn't eat the donuts in our office or when we had a water instead of a coke. We are each others accountability partner. This has really been helping me a lot. I need someone to do this along side of me. & who better than my best friend. A little motivation can go a long way.

What are your motivation tools? Do you struggle with body image?

source Google

source Google

source Google

source Google

source Google

source Google

2 comments:

  1. I am totally with you girl! We all need to find that perfect us, but sometimes we push ourselves SO hard. I hope that you can get exactly where you want to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I am working on it! I've got do this for me!

      Delete