Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pumpkin Chiffon Pie Deliciousness

Happy Fall Y'all! & almost Happy Thanksgiving! I am already counting down the days!
I can't wait to spend time with all my fam & eat some of the best food I've ever put in my mouth!
One of my most favorite things about Thanksgiving is my Nana's Pumpkin Chiffon Pie!
I do not, I repeat DO NOT eat regular 'ole pumpkin pie. Its gross! You have not had pumpkin pie until you've had my Nanas Pumpkin Chiffon Pie. UH-MAZING. So I wanted to share the recipe with you guys! If you are looking for a dessert to take to your Thanksgiving dinner to wow your friends & family this is it!
Its so creamy & smooth & yummy! Mmmmm can't wait!

a page out of my scrapbook recipe book, excuse my handwriting :)


Ingredients:
-1 envelope Knot unflavored gelatin
-2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
-1/2 tsp Salt, Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Ginger
-1 can plain pumpkin
-3 egg yolks (save whites)
-1/2 cup of milk
-1/4 tsp cream of tarter
-1/2 cup of white sugar
-baked pie shell

Directions:
Blend gelatin, brown sugar, spices, salt, pumpkin, egg yolks & milk.
Cook over medium heat until just bubbles about 10 minutes. Set aside until cool.
Beat egg whites, cream of tarter & white sugar until stiff. Fold this into the pumpkin mix over & over
Put in baked pie shell. Top with cool whip.
Refrigerate until serving.


4 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, that sounds delicious! I always bring a pie to both gatherings we attend, I'll have to try this one. (ps thanks for linking up with The Collective!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! I promise!! :) & Thanks for the link up!!

      Delete