Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Every Memorial Day my family goes to Daytona Beach which is only about 1 1/2 hour from where we live. The company my Dad works for owns a hotel there & he can get us a free room. Pretty awesome!

You will notice there are no pictures of my Brother or Dad. They aren't really beach goers. I know! Who doesn't like the beach?! They were bums & stayed up at the hotel. My Ma & I soaked up some major sun though! We are some serious beach bums!

I got somewhat sunburnt. I say somewhat because I'm like splotchy burnt. Only certain spots on my body got burnt. You can see my poor little foot in this picture has a big burnt spot. I don't know how that happened?! You'd think I'd be a pro at putting sunscreen on since I'm a Floridian & all. Oh well! Laying on the beach for 2 days was worth the burn!





(ignore the different sized pictures... I'm not a pro at this.. lol)

When I got home, my hubs & I went to his parents house for a cook out. His Dad can do some serious grillin'! He's awesome! I love his family. I love when we get to spend time with them.
Andrew (my hubs) & his Dad were hitting golf balls around in the yard while we were there. Andrew has been playing a lot of gold lately since its warmer weather. Hes pretty good supposedly. I say supposedly because I have no idea how to play so I just take his word for it! So he got the idea to try to teach me how to hit the ball. Now when I say I am not athletic, I mean I am not athletic like AT ALL. So I knew it would be a challenge. LOL. But I actually wasn't terrible! Andrew told me to hit the ball like he just told me to get in the kitchen an do those dishes! Haha. He knows me so well, that's definitely motivation to hit harder! But I don't believe I'll be playing any golf anytime soon... Lets be real. I'd rather go shopping.


Being with my family this weekend really made me miss them after it was over though. Don't get me wrong, I love being married, I love my husband. He is the best thing to ever happen to me & marriage has been a blast with him! But still, growing up & moving out of my parents house was pretty hard for me. & I didn't realize how important family time was until after I moved out. Or I guess I knew, but I didn't appreciate that time as much as I should've. I do live close to my family though, so I still get to see them a lot. I am very blessed.

Besides the mini vaca I got this 3 day holiday weekend. The weekend is really about Memorial Day. A day to honor the men & women who have fallen to serve our country. Our country is pretty screwed up right now & our future is kinda scary to look at but I still love it. It's my home. It's still the only place I want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment