Friday, May 31, 2013

My 5 favorite things today....

1. That its Friday y'all!

Who's ready for the weekend?! I know I am! I cannot wait to sleep in. My hubs & I have planned to have a relaxing day together tomorrow. We don't get very many of these because something is always going on. I thought it would be easier to make time for each other after we got married.... Oh was I wrong! Its way harder. We both have full time jobs. Ive been doing a boot camp work out class 2 nights a week. He has school 2 nights a week. Church. Laundry. Cooking. Cleaning. Dishes. Sleeping. Trying to find time to spend with our families. ETC ETC ETC! You know what I mean. Life gets crazy. So back to my original point... Its about to be a relaxing weekend. That is my most favorite thing today.

2. NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm




NYC Cosmetics

I bought this lip balm on a whim from Target one night. I LOVE IT! It has the texture of chapstick but with color too! It adds some color & moisture! I have the color on the far left. Its only around 2 bucks!
Cute & cheap :)


3. Targets Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Tee's!

Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors V Neck Tee - Assorted Colors Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Scoop Neck Tee - Assorted Colors


I love these shirts! I just bought some last weekend in Daytona on vaca with my fam.(You can read all about my vaca here.) I needed some new shirts for work. Most of the clothes I have right now are winter clothes. I have summer tank tops and such, but I do not wear those to work. There is too many men folk around, I don't want their attention. & our dress code is very laid back, we can wear jeans, so I don't put too much effort into my work wardrobe. But these are light weight, cute & comfy! & cheap! They were on sale for $8. You can find them here.
Obviously I like cheap.

4. McDonalds Frappe's!






YUM!

These little things are yum! I used to be a big Starbucks fan. I always got the caramel frappacino. I love the java chip one too. But over time I haven't been going there as much. Then I discovered these frappe's! All of them are good. There is a chocolate chip frappe also besides the caramel & mocha. Now of course they aren't good for you at all! But they're a nice treat when you need your fix. (or maybe you're like me & you struggle to stifle that fix every freakin' day of your life!!!) If you're looking for a stronger coffee taste, you probably want to stick with Starbucks. These are more sweet than anything. Which is what I like. (as I mentioned above ::sigh::....)
Also they have a little sticker on the side of the cups you can keep & if you get 4 stickers your get a free medium frappe! Pretty awesome. Where's those kinds of deals at SBucks?!


5. Saute' Express



Ladies I'm about to make your life a whole lot easier! This stuff is awesome! My Ma told me about these nifty little things. (Thanks Ma!) The box comes with 6 squares. You throw one of the cubes in the skillet and let it melt some then throw in your chicken, shrimp or whatever. & the chicken will suck up the juices! Then VOILA! Delicious.
We've used this for chicken/shrimp to go in alfredo or caesar salad. I like my chicken to have a little extra flavor besides just salt & pepper. & this is so easy to use. I'm wondering if you could saute' some veggies in it too? Haven't tried that yet. They have a few different flavors.
I will say the sodium content is kinda high on this stuff. So I don't recommend using it all the time. But its good in moderation!
& you can get a coupon off their site here!



TGIF! I hope you enjoy your weekend. I know I will! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment