Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Abercrombie

I'm sure all of you heard about the CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch by now. (If not you must live under a rock.)... saying things like "Abercrombie is only interested in people with washboard stomachs who look like they're about to jump on a surfboard.." and "we go after the cool kids..". (source)
This guy is an idiot. Hes disgusting. I hope that A&F's sales suffer because of this.
If you go on Huffington Post and search "Abercrombie" TONS of articles pop up about this. I love how so many people responded!
My favorite response by far is by Ellen DeGeneres. Its hilarious. You can watch the video here.
Her response is light hearted and funny. But she gets down to the real issue also... Saying, "Beauty isn't between a size zero and a size eight. It is not a number at all. It is not physical." and... "As long as you're healthy and you're happy, that's the most important thing."



Thank you Ellen for giving us all a good laugh!

4 comments:

  1. That's so funny about the Ellen thing! It is sad that Abercrombie (and Hollister, same company) target this audience. I know people who can't even shop at the store because the sizes are so small. I have to wear and XL there and I'm a small everywhere else... So weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I know! I have never been able to find a pair of pants in Hollister that fit me right. Their sizes are so jacked up! I don't shop at either anymore. Because I can rarely ever find anything to fit comfortably.

      Delete