Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blessed


Today I just want to be thankful.

Everyday when I wake up I try to say thank you to God for the blessings He has given me in my life. I could make a list that goes on & on & on. Sitting back & realizing how much you have to be thankful for really changes your perspective on life. Trying to stay in a thankful state of mind helps you have a positive attitude. That is what I have been trying to do. Of course I fail at this regularly. But the point is trying.

These are just a few of the things I am thankful for today:

My amazing husband
A big & close family
Parents still together
My in-laws
My friends
To have known my great grandparents
My job
A roof over my head
My health
I am able to get up out of bed everyday on my own
My voice
My car
Music
Clean water to drink everyday
Living close to the beach


Some of these things may seem not important enough to say you're thankful for them. But there are some people in the world who are less fortunate that you. They don't have clean water to drink. Or a reliable car to get them back and forth to work. Or even a job to drive that car to for that matter. These are little things that we take for granted every day.


......This quote is so true! Don't be a grouch! Grumbling all the time about what is wrong in your life. (don't worry I am preaching to myself too) Think about what is right in your life. Count your blessings. & just be thankful.


What are you thankful for?




No comments:

Post a Comment