Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Many Shades of Ashli's Hair

my bestie Bri & I, one of our many cosmic bowling nights 2009, dark brown with some blonde on top & chunky blonde pieces underneath

Christmas show 2009, my hair is pretty much black here




2010, little lighter than the 2009 picture

MY cousin Sheanice & I , beach day March 2012. My hair is SO faded. This is what happens when I don't keep up with the coloring, it turns a reddish color.
May 2012, this is probably my favorite hair color of mine. Dark brown with chunky blonde.
August 2012, Tampa FL trip for Luke Bryan concert, Lots & lots of highlights on top, kept it brown underneath




I don't know if you're like me but I'm slightly obsessed with coloring my hair. I know I know, its not good for it. But I only do it every 3 months usually. (thats good right?) My natural hair color is like a light brownish dirty blondish color. (that is a for real color y'all, look it up!) I don't like my natural color though. Its boring. I usually stick to the darker colors in fall & winter. And throw some blonde in it in the summer. Like this Friday I have a hair appointment!!! I am putting some blonde back in it! I'm excited!! I've been on the dark side for too long. I need some blonde in my life.... I love my hair dresser Kayla! Shes awesome! AND she is the one who introduced Andrew & I. I had been going to her about a year when my ex & I broke up. A few months after the break up she asked me if I was dating anyone & I wasn't so she started telling me about hers & her husbands friend Andrew. (or Box as they all call him, because he is bigger than a refrigerator box or something like that.. the boy is 6'4...) I was going to a different hair salon but it was just becoming way too expensive. So I started going to Kayla because some of my family went to her and she did such a great job! She was less expensive & closer to my house. Its funny how things work out. If I wouldn't have started going to her I may have never met Andrew.... So Kayla told Andrew she talked to me about him, he befriended me on FB, sent me a message asking me out on a date, we went out, 4 months later we were engaged, 6 months later we were married!!! Kayla is the best hair dresser I have ever had, obviously!! Now she has introduced another girl & one of Andrews friends. I told her if this one works out too the girl better start a match making business fo' sho'! The girls got skills.

Here is Kayla & Ben, her hubs, at our wedding Jan 2013. Great hair of course.

Anyways... I went down one of my rabbit trails with this post. As usual.

Do you dye your hair a lot? Do you have any good salon stories?
What color do you think looks best on me?


4 comments:

  1. Im naturally dirty blonde (ishhhh) but I dye my hair all the time. Currently Blonde! I absolutely love how you can pull off any hair color! Jealous!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blonde!! I don't think I can pull off that much blonde lol. Thank you!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I envy you. I've never colored my hair, but I've always wanted to. I'm just too scared I won't ever be able to get it back to my natural color. You look fabulous in every shade though! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my photo diary from Venice. xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh getting back to your natural color may be tough! lol. But its fun! Thank you!! :)

    I will check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete