Monday, June 17, 2013

My Daddy

I hope you had the opportunity to spend time with your Dad this past weekend. This Fathers Day as even better this year because I had 2 Dads to celebrate. God blessed me with an awesome Dad in law. Andrew & I both are very lucky to have the amazing parents that we have. I don't know what I would do with out them.

Saturday morning I headed to town to get Fathers Day gifts. (I know waiting until the last minute) My Dad wanted this Hydraulic Jack from Home Depot that he saw in the paper that was on sale. Now my Dad never asks for anything. For his birthday, Christmas or anything he says not to buy him anything. Or their might be a tool or something he needs that he says he will go buy himself. But of course we always get him something. Me & my Mom both love giving presents so there is no way we wouldn't get him something. Now it may be a pack of underwear or socks in his stocking but hey! its a present. & he loves it. Or like one year for Christmas we got him a car cleaning kit and it came with a car wash brush so I wrapped it. It was hilarious because my Dad had no clue what it was. That's the kind of things we get my Dad. Stuff that we needs or we know he will use. & like I said he loves the stuff. He is a very practical man.... Anyways back off the rabbit trail... I went to Home Depot determined to find this jack my Dad wanted. I seriously prayed before I went in there that I would find it. The one time he actually asks for something! I have got to find it! So after talking to about 4 different people in Home Depot and I was about to just get a gift card and go, one of the employees found it for me. I was so excited! I wanted to hug the lady. For real.
So after the fiasco at Home Depot I headed to Bealls Outlet to get Andrews Dad a present. Andrew had the idea to get him some Chaps Golf shorts like he has because his Dad said he liked them. So once again I'm on a mission to find a specific thing. I said my little prayer again before I went in the store. I found 1 pair of the shorts in his size so I got him a nice golf shirt to go with them. So all in all it was a successful Fathers Day shopping trip!

After I got my shopping done on Saturday I met my Dad & my little brother at the "Chicken Shack" as my Dad calls it. A little barbeque joint in our small town. Its my Dads favorite place. He has been going there every Saturday for years. And he would go to lunch there almost every day during the week when he worked a later shift. But I made it a point to be back in time to go to lunch with him. I really don't get to spend much quality time with my Dad. He works usually until 8 at night during the week so if I do go by my parents house in the afternoon after work he usually isn't there. And the weekend are always so busy its hard to plan anything sometimes. I usually do see him every Sunday though. I guess it really hit me after I moved out & got married in January of how little time I really spend with my Dad. My mom & I spend a lot of time together. We go to the gym together, get pedi's or go shopping sometimes on the weekends together. Its easier for us to spend time together than me & my Dad. & it kinda makes me sad when I really think about it. I wish I would've spent more time with my Dad when I lived at home when there was more time. Me & my Dad haven't always been that close. I wouldn't consider myself a Daddys girl. We didn't really start getting closer until I got older. Moving out & getting married has really showed me how important your family is. How you shouldn't take the time with them for granted. I'm sad to say I've made spending time with my family more of priority now than it was to me when I still lived at home. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being married to Andrew. Its the best thing that ever happened to me. & this is life, this is the way its suppose to happen. I guess I am just working on not beating myself up so much over this. Life goes on. This is the way it should be. You can't look back and regret the things you didn't do, you just have to keep going forward & change what you didn't do right before. The older I get the more I realize how precious life is. How short it is. & how much you should hold the ones you love tight because you never know what tomorrow holds....
Geez... didn't mean to get so doom & gloom on you guys.

So after eating lunch with my Daddy & little brother I went to my parents to vacuum out my car in their garage. We don't have a garage & it is much cooler to do it in there. The humidity is ridiculous in FL. My Dad ended up helping me clean out my car. He armor-alled (not a word i know) the dash for me while I cleaned the inside of the windows. Then he washed my car for me. I know its Fathers Day weekend & hes washing my car. But this is my Dad. He loves washing our cars. He loves staying busy and running around like a chicken with his head cut off getting stuff done. He can't sit still. One day he is going to have to learn to slow down a little. But this was our quality father daughter time. I loved every minute of it. & I know he did too. It made me really happy to get to spend time with him.

Sunday Andrew & I went to church at his parents church. We surprised his Dad. He usually has to sit by himself because Andrews mom is in the choir and sits on stage. So I know his Dad was happy we came. After church we went to my Mema & Papas to see my Dad and his side of them family. I gave my Dad the jack & he was very impressed. I'm so glad I was able to find it. After Memas we went to Andrews parents. We had hamburgers & hot dogs, fresh corn, cucumbers, chips & dip and banana pudding. It was so yum! The corn & cucumbers were especially good. A friend of theirs gave them to them right our of their garden. Fresh veggies are so much better than store bought. We stayed at their house until about 8:30. We always have the best time over there. We just hang out and sit around the table and laugh and talk for hours. I love it. I love family time.

I wanted to share some pictures of my Dad. I love this man. He is the most hard working, giving, selfless, loving man I know. He is also the goofiest. He makes me laugh with his quirky humor. I laugh even harder when I realize I have some of his quirkiness. I love his short texts messages he sends me because he still has an old flip phone, without a full keyboard. So he types in code, you have to decipher what hes saying. He has an unconditional love for kids. Or really just people in general. He will talk to anyone anywhere. He is just genuinely nice to people. He is the Godliest man I know. He seriously is next to Jesus, he has a heart of gold. He is always ready to help someone, to go above & beyond for anyone. He is the best husband, awesome Daddy & just an all around good man. I thank God everyday for blessing me with him.

Me as a baby & Daddy, check out that hair!
When my little brother was born. 1996
My dad & me on the left. A field trip to Universal Studios
Thanksgiving 2008

Fathers Day 2010 @ Nanas

2011

Thanksgiving 2011
Our bday celebration at Nanas 2012. His is 2/17 mine 2/13

Bday 2012

Fathers Day 2012 @ Nanas

Easter at Nanas, 2012

Our bday dinner at Olive Garden, Feb 2013. This is one of my favorite pics of him. Hes actually smiling a little. :)
Our yearly Daytona Beach vacation, 2011. He is actually smiling in this one too!
Daddy helping me out of the car at my wedding :) Jan 2013



Jan 2013

Walking me down the aisle :) Jan 2013
Jan 2013
The Jack! & some awesome wrapping :) Fathers Day 2013


And I am a big failure!! I forgot to take a picture with him yesterday. So I am going to try to get a pic sometime this week & we will just pretend its still Fathers Day :)


I am linking up with Northern Belle Diaries & Postcards from Rachel for the I Love Bloglovin link-up party!

No comments:

Post a Comment