Friday, June 7, 2013

All Things Fitness







So true! Sometimes I wish someone could do it for me lol... I am pretty good about working out. Ive been going to the gym probably since my senior year of high school. Eating healthy is another story. I know they go hand in hand, so I'm working on that.

For the past 2 months I have been doing a fitness boot camp at the local park in my town. A personal trainer started up his own business "Compound Fitness" and started these classes at the park. It has been a lot of fun actually! The first night I was dieing though. I was thinking to myself "Why did I do this again?" But I can definitely tell my endurance is better and I feel stronger. I haven't lost a substantial amount of weight but a lost some inches. I know I would've lost more if I was better about what I ate. Heres the thing... I like chocolate. I like Coca Cola. I like real food. I don't want to eat a salad every day. Or turkey and green veggies. (I ate this like 3 times a day once when I was working out with a trainer. very strict diet plan.) Sometimes you just want a big bowl ice cream! Am I right?!..... But really I don't drink soda all the time or eat sweets constantly. I bring bottles of water with me to work and everywhere I go usually. I drink water all day long. They say you should half your body weight and that is how many ounces of water you should drink a day. I get pretty close to that. We only keep Gatorade, Diet 7UP, milk and water in our house to drink. We don't have any junk food in the house. Except OCCASIONALLY I buy ice cream. So I don't eat terrible ,but I could eat better. Eating healthy is a constant battle for me. The point is I'm trying. Some progress is better than no progress. Right?


 If you're in the Jacksonville, FL area check out the Compound Fitness Facebook page. Eric is an awesome trainer!





This watch is awesome! The Polar Watch. It comes with a band you wear around your waist, right below your chest, to monitor your heart rate. The the watch tells you how many calories you've burned. This is a great motivator! When I work out I keep checking it to see the calorie count. It makes you want to work harder to keep seeing that number go up! These watches are much more accurate than the calorie counts on the treadmill and elliptical at the gym. I ordered mine off of heartratemonitors.com. They also have them on Amazon.




I leave you with a little motivation......


This is what I need to look at every time I want that cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment